Landforms and Topography

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 22:10:41 PDT

Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:10:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Landforms and Topography

Have ever wanted to have some simple examples to teach
topography with and are too short of time to make
them? American Science and Surplus (www.sciplus.com)
has mountains that have been sliced into six 3/8" blue
foam layers. The layers can be placed separately on
graph paper and each outline will make a topographic
map of the stacked mountain. Some of the Exploratorium
folks have some nifty ideas created from straws and
cardboard that do the same thing, but if you have the
bucks these are one dollar for each package. Their
catalog is always a hoot and the website always has
bizarre but interesting toys and science surplus.
Careful as their magnets aren't always the cheapest,
but they have some neat electrical supply items. They
have been good about getting my stuff to me.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh