Edible Science Labs

From: Carlie Fisher (fisherc@mail.pvpusd.k12.ca.us)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 07:23:59 PDT

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:23:59 -0700
From: Carlie Fisher <fisherc@mail.pvpusd.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Edible Science Labs

Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to keep kids from eating their lab supplies? It's part of our beginning of the year safety quiz
and I talk about the consequences if they are caught (removal from lab, a zero on the assignment, etc.), but I still have kids putting five
year old dried beans in their mouths. Heaven forbid we try to test for nutrients with food that is actually edible! Any suggestions?

Carlie Fisher
Ridgecrest Intermediate School
Rancho Palos Verdes, California