Supervolcanoes

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 14:45:55 PDT

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Supervolcanoes

A friend sent me a bunch of stuff on a recent increase
in potential volcanic activities around Yellowstone.
Like most rumors the actual data released wasn't as
frightening as my friend's analysis, but the existance
of an old super caldera at Yellowstone is, perhaps, a
reminder of how tenuous our little existance on Earth
can be. Take a look at the press release.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/press/0362.htm

Other, non-government, sites are a little more
worrisome. Rumors of tourists seeing grizzly bears
wearing asbestos underware have yet to be
substantiated. I think the Discovery Channel had a one
hour special on "supervolcanoes" about two years ago.

PS. If anyone needs "Old Woman/Young Woman" Illusion
posters you can find hundreds at the East Bay Depot,
about 18X23 inches, on white glossy paper, folded in
quarters. Don't know why they are there or where they
were to be used. I got about 50 for $2.00, I guess I
was concerned I might "run out of stuff", dunno, but
I've got to get a bigger garage.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh