Re: forces/friction

From: Black, Heidi (BlackH@esuhsd.org)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 09:42:19 PST

Subject:  Re: forces/friction
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:42:19 -0800
From: "Black, Heidi" <BlackH@esuhsd.org>

Dave, maybe a confusion between force and momentum, and maybe energy.
The car has kinetic energy and momentum. The force will be determined
partly by the time it takes for the car to come to a stop. Change the
brick wall into a mattress and the resulting force is changed.

Heidi Strahm Black
Science Fair Coordinator
East Side Union HSD
408-347-6563