internet worksheets and Brainpop.com

From: Emily Schroeder (emokat@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 09:33:55 PST

Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:33:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Emily Schroeder <emokat@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: internet worksheets and Brainpop.com

Hello everyone,

The topic of worksheets online came up in the last weekend workshop "intergrating math and science" so I have listed below some of my favorite websites for worksheets and other activities.

 HINT: if you need something specific, go to google.com and type in "topic worksheet" for example, "acid-base worksheet". Most often you run into some great websites for the classroom.

Has anyone tried www.brainpop.com? It has fun little videos and interactive quizzes for the classroom. My high school students love it and understand the material much better afterward. The subjects include Science, History, english, technology, math, and health. Check it out! The only drawback is that you can only watch two movies a day, but you can watch the same one over and over if you don't change the screen. There is a subscription fee of $130 which is well worth it. Most of the kids already know about it due to their own use. Try it for the fee 2 weeks by faxing them school letter head.

This is the best worksheet for quick “drill and kill” measurement work in the classroom or for homework

http://www.edhelper.com/measurement.htm

If you need other worksheets, just go to www.edhelper.com

Metric Mania Lessons: http://sciencespot.net/Pages/classmetric.html

This is a college professor’s website, but he has included many worksheets

http://www.towson.edu/~ladon/

Hope these help,

Emily Schroeder