Re: pinhole seeking plate tectonics animation

From: John or Jan Lahr (johnjan@lahr.org)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 13:03:19 PST

Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 14:03:19 -0700
From: John or Jan Lahr <johnjan@lahr.org>
Subject: Re: pinhole seeking plate tectonics animation

Hi Jeff,

The brainpop web site has some earth science related animations:

http://www.brainpop.com/science/earth/platetectonics/index.weml
(I don't like the "liquid mantle" statement.)

http://www.brainpop.com/science/earth/earthstructure/index.weml?&tried_cookie=true

http://www.brainpop.com/science/earth/rockcycle/index.weml

http://www.brainpop.com/science/light/waves/index.weml

To see more than two movies per day, exit your browser, erase
the cookies from brainpop.com, and start up the browser again.

See also:

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/geology/tectonics.html

http://www.uky.edu/ArtsSciences/Geology/webdogs/plates/reconstructions.html

http://www.odsn.de/odsn/services/paleomap/animation.html

This animation of the area around Australia is interesting because it shows the
magnetic stripes developing on the ocean floor.
http://www.es.usyd.edu.au/geology/people/postgrad/christian/diplom/arbeit/HTML/animation.html

Animation of subduction, showing elastic rebound (earthquakes):
http://jclahr.com/science/earth_science/animate/index.html

Cheers,
John Lahr