simple chromatography

From: marc crown (mcrown@gwhs.org)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 21:14:53 PST

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:14:53 -0800
Subject: simple chromatography
From: marc crown <mcrown@gwhs.org>

I once saw the results of a very cool chromatography experiment with
middle schoolers. I have no idea how it was done because I didn't get
to observe the class but the result was some really abstract, tie-dye
looking papers. I think the teacher must have used a spray bottle full
of solvent. (acetone?) and maybe had the kids put ink on the paper.
Anyone have a more detailed reference to this? If you have a write up
to trade, I'll buy lunch.
marc