Electrolysis

From: Joe Leet (jleet@prodigy.net)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 10:09:31 PST

From: "Joe Leet" <jleet@prodigy.net>
Subject: Electrolysis
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:09:31 -0800

Hello Ellen,

I have done electrolysis a few times in my classes (not with putting the
battery directly in the water, however, but I suppose that would work well).
I have found that putting a couple of drops of sulfuric acid in the water
will help the electrolysis along. I have done it without the acid, and it
seems to take a little too long.

If you are interested, I have a couple of power supplies and a full set of
wires (enough for about eight groups of students) that I used this year for
this purpose. If you would like to use them, you would be more than
welcome. It will save you a lot on batteries.

Let me know. I live in the city, and would be able to make it over to SOTA
without any problem.

My e-mail is jleet@prodigy.net.

Take good care,

Joe