pendulums and music

From: Rebecca J. Sherman (beccasherman@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 17:37:16 PST

From: "Rebecca J. Sherman" <beccasherman@hotmail.com>
Subject: pendulums and music
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:37:16 +0000

Hmmmm, anyone with a thirst for making creative connections, here's
something for you to ponder. I have an 8th grade student who has for the
past two years developed science fair projects on the topic of pendulums.
This is my first year working with her and she hopes to make a connection
between the period of a pendulum and some periodic element of musical sound.
  We have not discussed this much but it seems the choices are percussion,
reed vibration or compression sound waves... I'm at a loss for demos and for
connections to guide her. Any thoughts/models/activities would be a great
help.

thanks,
becca

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95.