Parallel Circuits

From: JLEET@prodigy.net
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 16:56:02 PST

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:56:02 -0500
From: JLEET@prodigy.net
Subject: Parallel Circuits

This may seem somewhat remedial. But if someone could
help me out here I would appreciate it.

I recently had a class of mine connect all of their
circuit boards to one power source, each with two
light bulbs in parallel. Sure enough, when the power
supply is turned on, each of the bulbs shines as
though it were alone.

I understand the whole concept behind parallel
circuits, that the potential energy at each of the
lights is the same. But isn't some of the energy
being diverted as current travels down the circuit? It
seems to me that we are somehow defying some Law of
Conservation?

Am I missing a major point here?

Thanks

Joe