Canoeing in the bay

From: Lori Lambertson (loril@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 12:20:28 PST

Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:20:28 -0800
From: Lori Lambertson <loril@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Canoeing in the bay

Hello Pinholers,
Here is an announcement about an upcoming canoe adventure from our friends
at Canoes in Sloughs. Find out what runoff means to our bay!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Lori

The First Flush: Oakland Estuary Paddle

Saturday, Dec. 6th Rating: Comfortable

 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Members $30, Non-members $40

 What will the first of the winter rains carry into our Bay? Come canoeing
in the Oakland Estuary and learn about the impacts of the "first flush" of
polluted runoff from our streets, parks, gardens, and homes into the Bay.
We will discuss how pollution prevention, stormwater treatment, and simple
steps you can take are necessary to keep our Bay clean. For more
information or to register, call 510-452-9261, or visit www.savesfbay.org.