Re: Earth Science CST test

From: David Barrios (wolfki@mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 19:10:51 PST

From: David Barrios <wolfki@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Earth Science CST test
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:10:51 -0800

hi Melissa, I teach 9th grade Earth Science in SFUSD. I believe the
test you are referring to is the CAT 6. All of the pure subject tests
are upper level based (i.e. chem, physics, earth science junior/senior
level). So, the questions definitely involve higher level earth
science with more math based questions.
        My school switched because of the same reason, but have found that all
of the test questions are all geared to that level. We had previously
used the coordinated and integrated tests and found that they were
questions just cut and pasted from the higher level ones. So, no
matter what you lose on the standardized tests. I find individual
effort of the student has the biggest effect on the result anyways
(making them think it will effect them somehow). Hope this helps and
good luck.
-David Barrios
Galileo Academy