protons and electrons

From: Rebecah Davis (rdavis@ebfas.org)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 15:53:24 PST

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:53:24 -0800
Subject: protons and electrons
From: Rebecah Davis <rdavis@ebfas.org>

My eighth graders are doing some introductory chemistry today and one
student asked if there are more protons or electrons in the world. Not
a question of huge importance, but I was curious if anybody has any
thoughts on this. I ventured that there should be equal numbers, but
is it possible that there is more of one,and if so, why?

Thoughts?
Rebecah

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring