Neon Glow Tubes

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 16:31:46 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:31:46 EST
Subject: Neon Glow Tubes

Greetings Aaron:

Electronics Goldmine part number G13119 is a package of 4 neon indicator
lamps for $1. The down side is that they have a $10 minimum order and $6 minimum
shipping charge but the good news is that they have all kinds of gadgets and
parts that lend themselves to Physics and Physical Science classes. I have
bought their rare earth magnets, LEDs, electronic components, and other items and
have never had a problem with them. The following is a hyperlink that should
work through Pinhole but if it does not then <www.goldmine-elec.com> is the
URL.

 <A HREF="http://www.goldmine-elec.com/Default.asp">The Electronic Goldmine
</A>

These are without the current limiting resistor and should not be used across
120VAC power sources without adding a 47K resistor in series. I do not know
if these are still called NE-2 or NE-2H lamps but they should be have similar
electrical characteristics of a firing voltage about 90 volts and an
extinguishing voltage of around 70 volts. They will handle static electricity
experiments up into the thousands of volts easily since static has such small current.

Hope this helps. Best wishes to all on the Pinhole List.

Al Sefl
Who only has an electrifying personality...
when he's accidentally leaning on a Tesla Coil...