Re: pinhole number of protons on earth

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 07:31:28 PST

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:31:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole number of protons on earth

Paul's estimate of number of protons on earth reminds
me of a chem teacher who once told me that a mole of
atoms is about the same number as the grains of sand
on all the beaches of California. When I asked how he
knew the number of sand grains on California beaches
he told me that "Grad students counted them."

With firm handshake,
Raleigh