COSMOS redux and Radiating knowledge

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 19:43:20 PST

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:43:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: COSMOS redux and Radiating knowledge

In yesterdays announcement of how good a program
COSMOS was for over high school overachievers I
negelected to mention the web site:

www.ucop.edu/cosmos and
www.ucop.edu/cosmos/application.html

In addition there are openings for high school
teachers in the subject of
"Seeing Radiation: Nuclear Science Experiments" at UC
Berkeley, Friday 20th, all day.

northcal@local.ans.org.

Or Contact:
Annie Kalish
akalish@nuc.berkeley.edu

You get to build a cloud chamber, find out how
radioactive isotopes are used in medicine and...get
your very own Geiger Counter(s)! (I got two the last
time I went). Rumors that you build a small,
functioning nuclear power plant in a thirty gallon
garbage pail appear to be false. One of the materials
I received included "Understanding nuclear waste",
having read it, I now understand that nuclear waste is
friendly, essentially harmless and beneficial in many
ways.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh