Re: alternative grading systems ...

From: BerylPA@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 18:54:22 PST

From: BerylPA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:54:22 EST
Subject: Re:  alternative grading systems ...

I agree that this is the way we would have liked to be assessed. I don't
have something like this to offfer, but you might talk to your language arts
teachers. The big thing in the last few years has been writing assessment based
on "Six Traits". It's what you're thinking of, skills-based assessment. It
takes more time, but it really gives both the teacher and students information
on what was learned.
Good Luck!
Beryl Deremigio
Nixon, Palo Alto