Re: Mitosis Microscope Slides

From: Rebecca Smith (becca@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 09:19:30 PST

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:19:30 -0800
From: Rebecca Smith <becca@itsa.ucsf.edu>
Subject: Re: Mitosis Microscope Slides

Hi Geoff-

The SEP Daly Ralston Resource Center at UCSF has a few things that
may be of interest to you.

1) Prepared Slides - A chromosome slide set has samples showing
chromosomes from many different sources. A number of them are in
mitosis. (Note though that these were checked out yesterday, so will
not be back until next week).

2)"Essentials of Cell Biology" CD ROM - this disc was prepared as a
supplement to a text book. It has amazing videos of cell biological
processes including movies of mitosis, and meiosis. The movies can be
projected from a computer, or you can check out multiple copies of
the CD for students to use in the computer room.

3) Charts - we have several great charts of mitosis and meiosis.

Check out our collection on-line at: http://www.ucsf.edu/sep/resource.html

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Best,

Rebecca

--

Rebecca L. Smith Academic Coordinator Science & Health Education Partnership University of California, San Francisco 100 Medical Center Way San Francisco, CA 94143-0905

(415) 514-0588 phone (415) 502-4846 fax

becca@itsa.ucsf.edu http://www.ucsf.edu/sep