pinhole : black bean juice

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 07:43:43 PST

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:43:43 EST
Subject: pinhole : black bean juice

Greetings All,

First of all, thank you once again to the pinholer who mentioned the black
bean juice as a great acid/base indicator. IT is much easier than cabbage juice.

I was wondering, though, if anyone has a chemical formula for explaining what
in the black bean juice reacts with the hydroniums for the acids and the
hydroxides for the bases?

Also, I tried the turmeric that was also suggested, last year I think. I did
not get very good luck with that. Maybe I was using too inexpensive of a
turmeric?

Thanks for any help that can be given.

Take care,
Sue Pritchard