"Visual Math" on March 10! (fwd)

From: Jo Falcon (jofalcon@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 12:43:48 PST

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:43:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Jo Falcon <jofalcon@exploratorium.edu>
Subject:  "Visual Math" on March 10! (fwd)

I'm forwarding a meeting announcement from YLEM, a group of artists
working with science and technology. (Pronounced "EYE-lum," it means the
primordial matter that exploded in the Big Bag.) They've been associated
with the Exploratorium for years, and often meet here. This particular
session, on using dance, embroidery, and other means to bring math to
visual learners, seems to be particularly promising for teachers.

(Sorry, this doesn't mean the whole Museum's open late Wednesdays again --
just the McBean, and only for the YLEM Forum. Nor will the library be
open that night.)

In addition to the official program this is a good chance to schmoooze
with artists who might become resources for your classes or math clubs.
Take a look at their website, www.ylem.org -- and next time you're in the
Learning Studio, we've got several years of the YLEM Journal (and
directories!)

Jo Falcon, MLIS
The Exploratorium Learning Studio
415 561-0343