rock-climbing physics

From: Rebecca J. Sherman (beccasherman@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 22:27:46 PST

From: "Rebecca J. Sherman" <beccasherman@hotmail.com>
Subject: rock-climbing physics
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:27:46 +0000

Hi-
I'm hoping to get my eighth graders out climbing this spring... My question
for you all:
Do you have any ideas or resources for engaging 8th grade students in the
laws of physics (quite general I know but any ideas will due, 8th grade
standards are general themselves) before/during/after rock-climbing? I'd
love your creative input. And I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.
It's all part of my dream to create a physics unit designed around extreme
sports. Maybe you have thoughts on that too...

thanks,
becca

                            -- Albert Einstein

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time Offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/