Iodine - you can make it....

From: Erick Roldan (eroldan@phs.srcs.k12.ca.us)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 08:35:39 PDT

From: "Erick Roldan" <eroldan@phs.srcs.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Iodine - you can make it....
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:35:39 -0700

Hello pinholers,

Does anyone have some solid iodine that I can use next week? We need
it for a lab, and didn't deal with ordering it soon enough. I only
need 1 or 2 grams.

(I can pay you for it.)

Thanks,
Geoff

--
* * * *
Geoff Ruth

Hi Geoff, if you have the following ingredients & follow the instructions listed, you can make Iodine. Weigh 0.54 gm Potassium IODATE 10.0 gm Potassium IODIDE Place contents in 1000 ml Erlynmeyer Add ~300 ml of Water Add 3 M H2SO4 - carefully Mix and top off to 1000 ml with water and you now have 1000 mls of Iodine

Hope this helps

Erick Roldan Piner High School 1700 Fulton Santa Rosa, CA 95403 http://www.leadershiphigh.org * * * *