tips on teaching physics

From: Andrew Libson (andrewlibson@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 17:43:08 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:43:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andrew Libson <andrewlibson@yahoo.com>
Subject: tips on teaching physics

I've been asked to teach a section of physics at
Mission High next year and I need some help.

Physics has not been offered here for some time and
having done a quick inventory of stuff it looks like
there are lots of carts, scales and mass sets...

I've purchased some stuff on magnetism...

but not much in the way of optics, electricity and
sound.

Also...I have about 30 Teinklein books but no lab
manuals.

I'll also be checking the exploratorium site and
store...

My questions are...

1) any good books for doing demos or physics labs
(maybe with common items)

2) any great websites people can recommend

3) any simple experiments or labs people can recommend

ok...any and all recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks,

ANdy.