Astronomy Field Trips??

From: vanya hollis (varnitsky@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 09:38:22 PDT

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:38:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: vanya hollis <varnitsky@yahoo.com>
Subject: Astronomy Field Trips??

hello!

I'm a 9th grade integrated science teacher and we're
teaching astronomy for the rest of the year. We really
want to take students on a field trip, but the
planetarium at the Academy of Sciences is closed....
ANY OTHER IDEAS? (that can be done during the school
day?) Does the Exploratorium have stuff on Astronomy?
Also- any ideas for fun activities in astronomy?
(My knowledge is lacking in this area since I was a
biology major...)
THANKS!

Vanya