jobs at creative arts charter school in SF

From: Melissa Graviss (mgraviss@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 09:39:42 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:39:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Melissa Graviss <mgraviss@yahoo.com>
Subject: jobs at creative arts charter school in SF

Hello! I understand interviews for science positions
have begun so if you're interested, move quickly!
-melissa

Creative Arts Charter School Teacher Applicant
Information

Thank you for your interest in working for Creative
Arts Charter School, San Francisco's first charter
school, and the 40th in the State. To ensure that we
find the best possible teacher match for our program
and that you are properly informed of our school's
mission and hiring process, we ask that you review the
information below. After reviewing the information
provided, should you have additional questions
regarding the hiring process, please do not hesitate
to call the
school's director at
695-5483.

Hiring Process Overview:

1) Initial interview - After reviewing resumes,
qualified candidates will be called to schedule an
initial interview with the Hiring Committee. The
Hiring Committee may be composed of parents, teachers,

CACS board members, the school director and possibly
students.
a. Prior to the initial interview, candidates will be
provided with:
 i. Copy of the school's Charter, which includes
school's mission,
educational philosophy, educational programs, and
curriculum summary
 ii. Job description
 iii. Candidates will be directed to the schools
website:
www.creativeartscharter.org, to gain additional
information/insight
regarding the school.
b. Candidates will be expected to be familiar with and

support the school's educational mission and
educational philosophy.
c. After reviewing these materials, should a candidate

feel incompatible with the school's mission /
philosophy, we respectfully request they opt out of
the hiring process.

2) Second Interview - After a successful initial
interview, a second interview will be scheduled with
the school director and possibly additional members of
the Hiring Committee.

3) Demonstration Lesson-Successful candidates will
be asked to give a
demonstration lesson to students.
a. The lesson should last between 15 and 20 minutes.
b. The candidate should provide a lesson outline for
the observers to follow and should explain the lesson
to the class along with any educational / behavioral
expectations for the students. The lesson should have
a clear beginning and end.
c. The candidate will be completely responsible for
the class during the lesson, including: providing
materials, engaging students, and classroom
management.

4) Candidates will be notified by telephone or mail of

their outcome in the hiring process.

5) Employment will be contingent upon clearance of the

following;
a. Reference check -Please provide three