Astro ?'s from a student

From: Treena Joi (tjoi@stanfordalumni.org)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 12:56:02 PDT

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:56:02 -0700
From: Treena Joi <tjoi@stanfordalumni.org>
Subject: Astro ?'s from a student

Is it true that gravitational energy waves can vary in length from a km
to a few million miles?
This is based on his awareness of work from LISA & LIGO that I am not
familiar with

How long is the transient, poles of gamma radiation being shot off by
neutron stars?

If two black holes were to hit each other, would they collide, or what
would happen? If a super massive bh and a regular bh is getting sucked
in, then the smaller one will spin around the larger until absorbed is
his view.

Also, why do most galaxies, with bulges at least, have black holes at the
center? Hard to understand he says, how they come to be, why not at edge
- do we revolve around the super massive black hole at the center of our
galaxy, doomed to be sucked in

This is from a 12 year old by the by

Treena Joiful