Fwd: MS Science position open

From: Eric Muller (emuller@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 15:12:52 PDT

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:12:52 -0700
From: Eric Muller <emuller@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Fwd: MS Science position open

>Hi Eric,
>
>I am trying to post a MS Science position for the Nueva School on pinhole.
>Not sure it went through as I am having problems with my email and am trying
>to send it from school. If you don't see it on pinhole soon, will you post it
>for me? Neuva is a great school. I'd be happy to talk with anyone with
>question (festes@nuevaschool.org or 650-348-2242). I've really enjoyed the
>Saturday TI sessions. Hope all is well with you and everyone at TI.
>
>Thanks and best regards,
>--Fred

____________________

Middle School Science Teacher
The Nueva School

Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Nueva School is a
child-centered, PreK-8th grade progressive, independent school for
gifted and talented children. Nueva, which has about 350 students,
emphasizes integrated studies, creative arts, and social-emotional
learning.

Nueva is engaged in building a preeminent science/math/technology
program. We seek a Middle School Science teacher to develop
curriculum, deliver instruction, and work collaboratively with other
science faculty and Middle School teachers. We are committed to
constructivist education, integrated curriculum, and an inquiry-based
science program that features hands-on lab activities and
experiential education. In addition, the school has a commitment to
social-emotional learning that pervades the culture of the school and
daily problem-solving.

The right person for us will have:
… University training in science,
… Successful experience teaching in Middle School,
… Experience creating curriculum and instructional materials,
… Experience with portfolio and qualitative assessment, and
… Experience with experiential/progressive/constructivist education,
and preferably with gifted education

We will consider non-traditional backgrounds and experience; be
prepared to show how your experience developed equivalent or
comparable skill levels. In addition, the right person should have:
… A love of teaching Middle School students,
… The ability to work well with both children and adults in a
collegial setting,
… Flexibility,
… The desire for life-long learning and a commitment to professional
development, and
… A sense of humor.

This full-time position will start in the fall of 2004. The Nueva
School is located in Hillsborough, CA. To learn more about the
school, see our website at www.NuevaSchool.org. The position will
remain open until filled. If interested, please send a cover letter
and resume to:

Lorri Hamilton Durbin
LDurbin@nuevaschool.org
Fax: 650-344-9302