Re: pinhole Integrated Science

From: Ellen Koivisto & Gene Thompson (offstage@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 22:13:31 PDT

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 22:13:31 -0700
Subject: Re: pinhole Integrated Science
From: Ellen Koivisto & Gene Thompson <offstage@earthlink.net>

Hi

Did years of it, before there were the standards or texts, too. At
that time, most people taught more of their specialities or areas of
interest (bio teachers tended to do lots of bio, etc.) But I got
involved in curriculum creation with Voyages Through Time which looks
at change over time in six units -- cosmic evolution, planetary
evolution, origins of life, diversification of life, hominid evolution,
and technological evolution. I was teaching this stuff pre-beta
version, as soon as we came up with something to use, and loved it.

I think all the units have been released now for sale. Check the SETI
website.

Ellen Koivisto
School of the Arts, SF