Re: pinhole Chemistry novels?

From: Ellen Koivisto (igneous@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 16:36:19 PDT

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:36:19 -0700
Subject: Re: pinhole Chemistry novels?
From: Ellen Koivisto <igneous@earthlink.net>

Well, there's a novel version of one of the movies I use as a chem
final -- The Abyss. All the gas laws, loads of electricity, nukes,
glow tubes, solubility, properties of metals (his ring), dyes and waste
disposal (the blue hand bit), rate of reaction change with temp (the
deep), and on and on. It's a pretty good read. The director and
writer worked the same way Clarke and Kubrick did on 2001 but for The
Abyss neither are as good as Clarke or Kubrick. But it's still a good
story.

Ellen Koivisto
School of the Arts, SF