Photos of Mt. St. Helens

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 10:35:48 PDT

Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:35:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Photos of Mt. St. Helens

The Johnson Observatory, five miles from Mt. St. Helens and now unoccupied, is posting images of the volcanoe every five minutes. They are quite striking, the last one showing a drifting haze over the crater. There are archives of previous photographs at this site too. Go to this place, before it becomes part of our geologic history:

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Using the vast knowledge I've gained from the Exploratorium workshops I have recreated an exact model of Mt. St. Helens in my living room, the mountain made of plaster,mash potatoes, baking soda, vinegar and soap, with the underlying structure composed of jello and injected pudding (simulating the "...red, hot, magma"). After recreating the eruption scenario I predict that the Mt. St. Helens area will soon have a terrible ant problem and, if the mountain was married, it's spouse or spousette would not be amused.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh