TI needs your help for cell bio education research

From: Stephen Ribisi, Jr. (sribisi@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 12:04:10 PDT

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:04:10 -0700
From: "Stephen Ribisi, Jr." <sribisi@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: TI needs your help for cell bio education research

Hello folks,

I am still trying to get life science teachers involved in my cell biology
education research project. This project is a central part of my work
within the Teacher Institute and I am running out of time. Originally I was
seeking only middle school teachers to participate but I have decided to
open the study up to high school biology teachers as well. I want to
interview some of your students about their ideas related to cell biology.

Your time commitment would be quite small and would involve:
(1) getting permission from your principal/head administrator
(2) allowing me to visit your class once to meet your students and hand out
a consent form
(3) helping me schedule 6-8 interviews once now (October or November) and
again in January or February.

You will get a $50 stipend for your trouble and you will be helping the
Teacher Institute.

If you are a middle or high school biology or life science teacher and you
are interested in participating please e-mail me. I will send you a
detailed description of the study that you can use to get permission at
your school.

I would especially like to work with teachers from the public schools in SF
or on the peninsula.

Sincerely,

Steve

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Stephen Ribisi, Jr., Ph.D.

Biologist/Educator
CILS Biology Postdoctoral Fellow

E x p l O r a t o r i u m