Re: pinhole Urine in gardens?

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@leadershiphigh.org)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 18:26:49 PDT

Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:26:49 -0700
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@leadershiphigh.org>
Subject: Re: pinhole Urine in gardens?

I used to work on a few farms farm, where we'd all pee on the compost
pile to add nitrogen. (I've got no shame about this sort of thing.)
I've heard that some plants will get "burnt" if you urinate directly
on them. I'm not sure why: too much nitrogen? too strong a base?

I don't have any quantitative information about the benefits of plant
fertilization via urination, however.