RE: pinhole interview ideas?

From: Frederick Logan (frloganjr@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 20:43:27 PDT

From: "Frederick Logan" <frloganjr@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: pinhole interview ideas?
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:43:27 -0700

Hello Heidi,

I had to present a lesson to my science methodology class (teaching
credential) that really piqued everybody’s interest. More importantly, my
students from last year still come up to me to talk about it.

It is called sewer fleas/ticks or atomic fleas/ticks. It is used to support
students being able to understand the difference between inferences and
observations.

It is a part of the CIF (Curriculum in Focus) lesson developed by a group of
very competent and dedicated teachers. I belive the variation of this lesson
taught in Oakland was developed by Mr. Caleb Chung, who teaches middle
school science in Oakland. You might want to send him an email to see if he
has a copy of the lesson in electronic format (calebcheung@sbcglobal.net) or
you might do a google search for OUSD, CIF, and Sewer Fleas.

If you are interested in using this lesson, send me back an email and I will
give you some tips on how to really "spice" up your samples to make your
presentation even more effective.

Good Luck,

Frederick R. Logan