making tissue slides

From: Matthew Micari (mmicari@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 12:10:29 PDT

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Matthew Micari <mmicari@yahoo.com>
Subject: making tissue slides

We are studying cells and I would like to make the
students to make their own slides of liver, flowers..
Does anyone have any suggestions of what to use and
what stains will hi-lite different structures.

We did an activity like this in University and I
remembering embedding a piece of liver in wax and
using a microtome and then, passing the slide with wax
and liver over a flame. There were more steps, remvong
the wax, staining, removing excess stain, but I
forget.

Any good links or tips would be great.