summer gigs

From: Eric Muller (emuller@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 09:38:01 PST

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:38:01 -0800
From: Eric Muller <emuller@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: summer gigs

Directors Sought for Camp Galileo and The Tech Museum Summer Camps

Galileo is currently looking for talented Camp Directors who will
lead the Tech Museum Summer Camps and our Camp Galileo sites
throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. With the right people in
place, we will be able to grow to 11 campuses and serve 7,000
children in summer 2005.

Founded in 2001, Galileo provides opportunities for young people to
discover and pursue their passions. Through collaboration with The
Tech Museum of Innovation, Klutz, and Art in Action, Galileo offers
museum quality programming to Bay Area families at neighborhood
schools and on location at the Tech Museum of Innovation.

The companyís flagship program, Camp Galileo, offers a high-energy
day camp experience for K-5th grade children. Campers engage in
hands-on art, science, and outdoor activities along with traditional
camp standards like opening ceremonies, group games, and skits. The
Tech Summer Camps offer hands-on science and technology classes for
kids entering 4th-8th grade, with topics ranging from Lego Robotics
to Roller Coaster Physics.

Camp Directors at any given site will assume overall leadership of
the program, including staff selection, training and management, and
day-to-day operations. Directors spend an average of 8 hours per week
preparing between March and June and work full-time for 6-9 weeks
during the summer. Successful candidates will share the following
attributes: college graduate; significant experience working with
children; demonstrated leadership and management ability; school year
employment to complement this work with summers off. Camp experience
is a plus.

To learn more and apply online, please visit our website at
www.galileoed.com. Applications are due November 19. Questions can
be directed to jobs@galileoed.com or 510.595.7293.

--
Eric Muller