Trebuchet: the Sport of Engineers

From: John or Jan Lahr (johnjan@lahr.org)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 06:48:34 PST

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 06:48:34 -0800
From: John or Jan Lahr <johnjan@lahr.org>
Subject: Trebuchet: the Sport of Engineers

Hi Thom,

What a great site!  I sure didn't make the top 10.  I'll have to cc this to the Exploratorium
teachers, as it's a fun challenge and a good learning tool.

I'm in Seattle now preparing for a workshop for 27 of the teachers who have received
seismograph stations from IRIS (http://jclahr.com/science/psn/as1/heli/allas1.php).
Many of these educational stations recorded the M6.2 event in Costa Rica a few hours
ago.  Hope it didn't do any damage. (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/usrban.htm)

Cheers,
John