3 unit curriculum development class in Palo Alto

From: Treena Joi (tjoi@pvsd.net)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 10:08:20 PST

From: Treena Joi <tjoi@pvsd.net>
Subject: 3 unit curriculum development class in Palo Alto
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:08:20 -0800

Hello science fans,

I am trying to interest local science educators in taking a class
together in Palo Alto through USD.

The course meets Wednesdays, March 30 thru June 1, 4:30 to 9pm

Participants will work independently or in collaboration (I am hoping
to collaborate!) to create classroom materials and curriculum that will
target standards-based learning. Open to all K-12 teachers

It will be at Jordan middle school, 750 N. California Ave in Palo Alto.

Have staff meetings Wednesdays? No problem, so do I, but I plugged the
course with my administration and was authorized to leave early during
the class. Alas, miss part of a meeting? The price I am willing to
pay!

Spread the word, the more the merrier. I am particularly interested in
people working in 5-8th grades, but all science heads will be welcome.

To register for the course:

www.usd-online.org