Fwd: I'm Looking for Pith Balls (great subject line for a spam email, eh?)

From: Paul Doherty (pauld@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 10:22:10 PST

From: "Paul Doherty" <pauld@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Fwd: I'm Looking for Pith Balls (great subject line for a spam email, eh?)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:22:10 -0800

Hi Pinhole

I'm trying to find a source of pith balls.

Anyone know where to get them?

Thanks

Paul D

   --- the forwarded message follows ---

attached mail follows:

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:52:14 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
From:  Scott Dickerman <sdickerman@earthlink.net>

Hi, Paul:

Would you know where to find pith balls such as the ones used in low-budget electrostatic repulsion demos? (You know: the ones where you hang two pith balls from string and charge them so they repel when charged by a rod that's been rubbed by cat fur.) Especially where I could get them within the next two weeks (preferrably walking into a store and buying them).

Thanks.

Scott Dickerman
Summer Institute 2003