summer jobs

From: emuller (emuller@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 21:36:21 PST

From: "emuller" <emuller@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: summer jobs
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:36:21 -0800

The Tech Museum of Innovation Announces Summer Jobs

This summer The Tech Museum of Innovation unveils an amazing lineup of
classes for kids entering 4th-8th grades at The Tech Museum Summer Camps.
As a staff member in our program, you will impact kids and help develop
their love of science, engineering and technology.

Galileo Educational Services, the operator of the camps, is now hiring for
the following positions: Lead Instructors and Assistant Instructors

Lead or assistant teach one of the following classes:

- Lego Robo Tech: Lego robotics levels I/II and Lego robotics for girls
- Web Architects: Web development & programming (using Dreamweaver)
- Animation Sensation: Computer-based animation (using Flash Animation)
- Video Game Design: Video game development and programming
- Roller Coaster Physics: Amusement park science
- Action Contraption: Mechanical engineering inventions
- Architectural Engineering: Hands-on building and design challenges
- Crime Solver Scientists: DNA experiments, chromatography and codes
- Science of Sports: The physics behind sports and outdoor sports games

Lead Instructors are experienced educators who have strong backgrounds in
science, technology or engineering. Lead Instructors often develop as well
as teach the curriculum. Assistant Instructors are college students or
recent graduates with a background in science, technology or engineering.
Camp runs June 20th - August 12th, jobs range 2 - 8 weeks.

To learn more about these opportunities and others for Science, Art, and
Outdoor Instructors at our sister camp, Camp Galileo, operated in 10 Bay
Area locations, please visit http://www.galileoed.com/jobs.htm and apply
online. Applications are due April 15th for both camps, but we will consider
applicants as they come in. Questions? email jobs@galileoed.com

Eric Muller
Science Educator
Exploratorium Teacher Institute