URGENT REQUEST - READ NOW

From: Linda Shore (lindas@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 12:51:07 PDT

Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:51:07 -0700
From: Linda Shore <lindas@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: URGENT REQUEST - READ NOW

Dear TI Friends

As you know, we have been working extremely hard to secure future
funding for teacher professional development programs here at the
Exploratorium. We have discovered a number of promising leads both
at the federal and state level.

But we need your help!

We are desperately in need of letters of support from teachers and
principals. And we need the letters right away (today, even). At
this moment we particularly need letters if you have taught in the
following areas:

San Francisco
Oakland
Richmond
Alameda
Berkeley
El Cerrito
San Pablo
Vallejo
Fairfield
Pittsburg
Vacaville

If you haven't taught in these cities, please write us anyway! We
will need letters from throughout California and beyond very soon

Please include the following in your letter:
1. Your name, what you teach (math, science, middle school, high
school) and where you teach/have taught - especially if you have
taught in the areas above
2. A description of how the Exploratorium has helped you in your
teaching career.

The letter need not be on letterhead. In fact, you should e-mail a
statement of support. Please send your e-mails to Christina Orth,
Chief of Staff, Exploratorium at christio@exploratorium.edu. Also cc
a copy to Linda Shore: lindas@exploratorium.edu.

You may also fax a letter to Ms. Orth at (415) 561-0307.

Thanks a million - perhaps literally.

Cheers
Linda

--

Linda S. Shore, Ed.D. Director, Exploratorium Teacher Institute 3601 Lyon Street San Francisco, CA 94123 Phone: (415) 561-0313 Fax: (415) 561-0307

"It's not as complicated as you think."