bean seeds & mold?

From: Kelly Vaughan (kvaughan@mh3.echalk.com)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 06:26:58 PDT

From: "Kelly Vaughan" <kvaughan@mh3.echalk.com>
Subject: bean seeds & mold?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:26:58 -0400

My classes germinated bean seeds in baggies
with moist paper towel. Some worked really well, but others grew only
mold! Anyone found any ways of preventing this? I looked but couldn't
see any strong relationship between whether the bags had been sealed or
left open or any other variables.

thanks,
Kelly