Pysical Science Textbook Recommendations?

From: Michael Geluardi (geluardi@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 09:52:56 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:52:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Geluardi <geluardi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Pysical Science Textbook Recommendations?

Hello all,

I have been having trouble gathering info about 9th/10th grade physical science
textbook options and wonder if anyone out there has any perspectives. I have
two big questions:

First, are there any texts out there besides Hewitt's Conceptual Physical
Science Explorations or Prentice Hall Physical Science Concepts in Action that
anyone thinks are worth taking a look at?

Second, does anyone have any experience or info about the Prentice Hall
Physical Science Concepts in Action text? It is only 2 years old.

Thanks for your help.
-Mike Geluardi, Piedmont High School