earthwatch opportunities

From: Eric Friedman (mcelover@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 10:03:27 PDT

Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:03:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Eric Friedman <mcelover@yahoo.com>
Subject: earthwatch opportunities

hey all

earthwatch is offereing SF teachers a great chance this summer to get funded for an earthwatch expedition. they have money that they are begging to give away. they want to send YOU on a research expedition this summer.

i went to the bahamas 2 years ago to study coral reefs on a beautiful island. we spent every day snorkeling and recording data. i had such an amazing time . . . and it was all free!! paid for from a grant through earthwatch. if you have any desire, see the info below:

We need our past San Francisco area volunteers to spread the word -
quickly!

There is some funding available for SF Unified School District teachers
&
administrators who have never been out with Earthwatch to join an
expedition
this summer. Thanks to generous funds from the Jewett Foundation &
Oracle we
can help send teachers in to the field who will return & share their
experience with hundreds of other students. Please pass the word to
anyone
you may know who is interested. Anyone interested should contact the
Education Awards desk immediately: 800-776-0188 ext 118 or
mailto:EducationAwards@earthwatch.org

Thanks for your help in spreading the word!