Re: pinhole Remote Controls

From: Paul Doherty (pauld@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 07:17:44 PDT

From: Paul Doherty <pauld@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Remote Controls
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 07:17:44 -0700

Hi Marti

The remotes emit pulsed infrared light.
You cannot see it, but most digital cameras and video cameras can see
it.
Just point the camera at the remote control while watching the view
screen, press the buttons on the remote and watch the light flash.

You can also get an infrared sensitive card which will glow when
exposed to infrared from the remote controls.

Paul D