RE: Chemicals

From: Don Rathjen (donr@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 14:07:33 PDT

Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:07:33 -0700
Subject: RE: Chemicals
From: Don Rathjen <donr@exploratorium.edu>

Hi Jane --

Here are a couple of websites. Both are for the same list of common
sources of chemicals, from The Sourcebook for Teaching Science,
published by Prentice Hall. The first website was on my hard copy of
the list, and then I did a couple of Google searches and came up with
both of them.

www.csun.edu/~vceed002/ref/equipment/acquisition/common.htm

www.csun.edu/~vceed002/ref/ equipment/ideas/common_chemicals.pdf

I also have hard copies of two other lists, which are from the two
books referenced below:

• The Science House, North Carolina State University, Physics from the
Junk Drawer/Counter Top Chemistry, Kendall/Hunt, 1997.

• Sae, Andy, Chemical Magic from the Grocery Store, Kendall/Hunt, 1996.

I don't have websites associated with these two lists, but I'd be glad
to send you hard copies if you'd like. If you want them, send me a fax
number or mailing address.

Hope this helps.

Don Rathjen

Don Rathjen