Re: pinhole transition metal ions electron configuration

From: Paul Doherty (pauld@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 19:57:30 PDT

From: Paul Doherty <pauld@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole transition metal ions electron configuration
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:57:30 -0700

Hi Ellen

I love what you do here.
In answer to the last question, the particle model electron falls in
toward the nucleus under the electrical attraction to the protons, it
misses the protons and then continues out the other side.
Or, Like the moon orbits the earth the electron orbits the nucleus.
With the difference that the electron's wave nature has more effect
than the wave nature of the moon.

Paul D