Subject: Re: pinhole transition metal ions electron configuration

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 10:19:32 PDT

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:19:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>

I like Ellen's description using sumo wrestlers. That is a wonderful image to think about. I was concerned with Paul's response to her so I am trying to incorporate his wisdom. Next year I will explain this to the fifth graders (thank you california science standards) as:

It is like a massive sumo wrestler who is mooning a ghost. The ghost just waves back.

Does that work? Now they'll get it.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh