physics/chemistry book recommendations

From: Kelly Vaughan (kvaughan@mh3.echalk.com)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 07:12:55 PDT

From: "Kelly Vaughan" <kvaughan@mh3.echalk.com>
Subject: physics/chemistry book recommendations
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:12:55 -0400

Hi everyone!

We here in the NYC public schools are FINALLY on summer vacation (last day
was Tuesday) and I need some book recommendations. I will be teaching
middle school physical science next year, and I am seeking popular science
books that will get me really excited about the basics of physics and
chemistry. I've already read The Elegant Universe. I'm looking for books
that will get me as excited about simple machines, physical/chemical
changes, etc. as "Phantoms in the Brain" did about neuroscience or "Dr.
Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation" did about the biology of how things
reproduce. Any ideas?

Thanks! Kelly