Digital Earth Science Teaching Boxes Available

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 17:28:16 PDT

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:28:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Digital Earth Science Teaching Boxes Available

There are two "Digital Teaching Boxes" available. It is unclear if you need "digital box cutters" to access them, but I reasonably sure you need some form of computer. Information follows:

"New Resources from DLESE (Digital Library for Earth Science Education)

Two prototype ready-to-use DLESE Teaching Boxes are available for
educators: Evidence for Plate Tectonics, and Essentials of Weather.

http://preview.dlese.org/jsp/teachingboxes/plateTectonics/

http://preview.dlese.org/jsp/teachingboxes/weatherEssentials/

Just what is a Teaching Box? It is an online assembly of interrelated
learning concepts, digital resources, and cohesive narration that helps
make connections between individual resources and learning goals.
Instructors and students can pick a topic, view the concepts that build an
understanding of that topic, explore online resources that support
learning of those concepts, and benefit from the narration (the glue) that
weaves concepts, activities, and background information together into a
complete teaching/learning story. Students are excited to discover and
engage their curiosity about science"

Remember to contact me for a good price on your digital film needs.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh