Weird toys

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 17:15:45 PDT

Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 17:15:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Weird toys

Anyone in the East Bay can hit the Center for Creative Reuse (our RAFT) near Ashby and San Pablo and pick up some cool, but odd toys. They appear to be old doll voice boxes, battery correctly installed it goes something like "mmaaa maaaa" and then laughs hysterically, although the noise is a little scary. They actually have a small record player in them and a pendulum switch that makes the player play (through a plastic speaker cone). There is a small motor (1 1/2 volts) that turns a drive belt which turns the tiny turntable, allowing you to reverse the battery and make the normal baby reverse and say "Paul is dead" then again maybe it doesn't say that...the noise being too obnoxious to listen carefully to. They have a few cases of them at 24 toys for $4.00. I used them a couple of years ago to give kids safe stuff to try to take apart and figure out. They have about 5 cases left.

Someone back East wanted these things about a year or two ago. I am now prepared to get them for her, if they email me.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh